In addition to any rights of the Customer as a consumer, AF&MM Motors provide a warranty lasting 12 months or 12,000 miles (whichever is sooner) to the Customer as follows:
All auto services (other than inspections and diagnostic services) under a booking made to AF&MM Motors LTD, including all parts supplied, must be free from defects in (i) materials (i.e. that the parts replaced in the performance of the auto services are not defective and capable of performing as expected under normal usage conditions) and (ii) workmanship (i.e that the auto services were performed with a reasonable level of skill and care). Any part that is supplied by the AF&MM Motors whilst carrying out the work is to be new and a match for the Customer’s vehicle.
The warranty is subject to the following conditions:
- The AF&MM Motors need not provide this warranty in respect of inspections (including pre-purchase inspections) and diagnostic services comprised in any auto services. Inspections and diagnosis are based on the condition of the vehicle at the time the auto services are provided.
- We do not require the AF&MM Motors to provide this warranty in respect of any auto services involving the use of parts supplied by the customer or someone else other than the Mechanic.
- The customer may agree with AF&MM Motors in certain specific circumstances no such warranty will apply to the auto services – for example, if second hand parts are used due to unavailability of new parts.
- These requirements act as a minimum set of requirements and the AF&MM Motors may choose to provide a more favourable or extended warranty to the Customer.
- As an independent business the AF&MM Motors may set additional restrictions and procedures for when and how claims under this warranty can be made. Typically AF&MM Motors will make their warranty dependent on: the AF&MM Motors being given an opportunity to investigate and rectify any faults within a reasonable timeframe; the manufacturer’s vehicle operating instructions being followed; ensuring the vehicle is serviced according to the manufacturer’s recommended service schedule (for the relevant time and distance); full compliance with advisories, warnings and information or any instructions provided by AF&MM Motors; the parts or workmanship performed by AF&MM Motors not being subjected to abnormal conditions or unreasonable wear and tear.